Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Basket Full of Coconut Macaroons


Saturday night we went over to a good friend's house for a fun night of good home cooked food, movie and games.  The food was amazing!--smoked brisket, cornbread filled with an ear of fresh corn and cheddar cheese, baked beans, pasta salad, and roasted garden squash!  What a good summer meal!  I was asked to bring some cookies for dessert.  My sea salt double chocolate chip cookies were requested, and my husband suggested coconut macaroons!  We had all of the ingredients for them, and they are so easy  to make and coco"nutty" delicious!  (We love some coconut!)  I filled a cute pie basket full of cookies to share with our friends!  


Mr. Cozy actually helped make these...he's very handy in the kitchen...and they turned out beautiful. They are gooey, even creamy in the center, and a bit crisp on the bottom, while being loaded through and through with coconut!  I like how the top get toasted for that yummy intense coconut flavor.  For my Cookies and Cocoa Christmas party last year I made these, and drizzled some with melted chocolate!  We wanted to do the same this time around, but we had to run out the door right after these came out of the oven.  Hot and ooey gooey!  With only a handful of ingredients, these cookies take no time make, and seriously, no time before they're gone!  

Thanks to my Honey for helping me make these cookies.  They were perfect!!
(Oh, and thanks to Sarah and Jordan for good meal and fun time over the weekend. :) 


Coconut Macaroons
(Barefoot Contessa recipe)

14 oz. sweetened shredded coconut

14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
(You can also use low-fat or fat-free)

1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

2 extra large egg whites, at room temperature

1/2 tsp. salt


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Combine coconut, condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl.  Whip egg whites and salt in a large bowl until reaching medium-firm peaks.  Carefully fold in whipped egg whites into coconut mixture.

Drop about tablespoon sized balls of batter onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.  (Check at 25 minutes.)  Serve warm or cool.

Makes 20-22 cookies.


I'm linking up with:


Photobucket




8 comments:

  1. Your sweet treats were the perfect compliment to the meal!! One of the absolute BEST chocolate chip cookie recipes, and Jordan loved (!) the macaroons! And despite my low tolerance for coconut, I found them quite enjoyable too! Thanks again for bringing them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike Sarah Grace, I have a high tolerance for coconut and love coconut macaroons -- yours look yummy. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great macarooms and choc. chips! My vaery fav, such great compliment for a meal! They all look yummy! Thanks for sharing. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have you to dinner everyday if you brought dessert like that. I love coconut. I put it in whatever I can when baking. But then I would weigh a ton if you came baring gifts like that everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie, these coconut macarons are too good to resist!! Loved the recipe and your perfection. Wait, let me take a printout of the recipe!!
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for all of your positive feedback from these cookies! I thought, how could this recipe be bad?--I mean,anything with sweetened condensed milk it Heaven in my book!

    I'm happy to see some new faces on here, too!! I hope you all come back again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mouth is watering! YUMMMMM! Thanks so much for your kind comments on my rocking chair makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my goodness, i'm not even a big coconut person and that still looks amazing to me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!