Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Decadent Peanut Butter Cookies!


Wow, the weather has been just perfect these past few days!  Sunshine and highs in the low 80's with a constant breeze....is this really August??  I'm lovin' these summer days!  

I've been in the mood to make some really good peanut butter cookies lately.  You know, that over-the-top kind with lots of peanut butter morsels and crunchy peanut butter, the kind that are chewy on the inside and a bit crumbly on the outside--indulgent peanut butter cookies!  Well, I finally found that perfect recipe over at Sugary Sweets, a great food blog that I've enjoyed following!  (Please check her recipes out, because she has some fabulous ones!) This is exactly the peanut butter cookie Mr. Cozy and I were craving!  I decided to make a batch while we were watching a movie Saturday night.  (I love my weekends with my husband!)

I know I say this a lot, but I love the aroma of something tasty baking in the oven.  There is nothing better, in my opinion, that says "home sweet home" than freshly baked cookies, warm bread or a bubbly pie sitting on the stove top when your family gets home or friends come by for a visit.  I am all about a comfy, cozy home that stimulates all the senses!  These delicious peanut butter cookies certainly gave me that warm fuzzy feeling!

I have a wonderfully easy family recipe, that I've always loved, for peanut butter cookies.  They are simple and delicious and I'll have to share them with you another time!  These peanut butter cookies that I'm sharing with you today are a bit more involved, but are filled with all that extra goodness!  Please give yourself the opportunity to make your home waft with welcome and your taste buds dance with delight with these decadent peanut butter cookies!  



Don't you love my fresh sunflower arrangement?   


As Mom has always said, they are a "happy" flower!



Decadent Peanut Butter Cookies

2 1/2 c. brown sugar

1 c. butter flavored Crisco

1 1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter

1/3 c. milk

2 tbsp. vanilla

2 eggs

3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour

1 1/2 tsp. salt

1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

2 bags peanut butter morsels


Combine sugar, Crisco, peanut butter milk, vanilla.   Add egg.  Beat in flour salt, and baking soda.  Mix in morsels.

Drop by large Tbsp on cookie sheet.  Flatten with fork, making criss-crosses.

Bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes.  (I found that 9-10 minutes worked best for me.)

These make a large batch (about 4 dozen), so I divided the recipe in half for us.  
Enjoy!!!


I'm linking up with:







Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie,
    I'm so glad you enjoyed them! Which reminds me I need to make some soon. The kids love them in their lunches and school starts next week!! Instead of halving the recipe, you could also freeze half the dough. Simply place scoops on cookie sheet, close together, flatten with fork and freeze. Once frozen, transer to ziploc bag, label and you are all ready to make a fresh batch of cookies at a moments notice. No need to thaw the dough, just adjust cooking time accordingly!
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thumbnail pulled me in. I love peanutbutter cookies, and these look yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous. I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas. Take care Anu

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be so yummy with some cold milk...curled up with a good book. I need these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies look delicious! Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your sweet comment that I should write a devotional book. I am currently working on writing something to see if I could first do a magazine article. Baby steps.
    Just want you to know how lovely your blog and photos are, and how lovely you are for being such an encourager.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look absolutely yummy...a must try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!!! I absolutely LOVE peanut butter cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thanks everyone for the "sweet" response I've gotten from these cookies! I must say, that I get really excited about dessert--my favorite meal--and I'm glad I have friends who do as well!
    I'm really looking forward to the desserts I plan on making this fall. yay!

    Come back soon!
    ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!