Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hydrangeas and Coffee Table Vignette


I'm on a roll today with my second post!

I don't show my home much, but I just had to share with you all this simple, lovely arrangement I put together thanks to our beautiful hydrangea bush outside.


I thought the vibrant cornflower blue flowers would be a pretty summertime pop of color in my living room against all the red.  I arranged them in this vintage--perhaps antique-- Ball jar that my parents recently gave me.     


 You can see that it is aqua blue and has bubbles signifying that it could've been hand blown glass!  It was one that was from my great grandmother's kitchen.  I know that they had a huge garden and probably canned tomatoes, green beans and much more.  I wonder what she used this one for?


I got this trunk at a peddler's mall/antique store about 3 months ago.  I love it as our coffee table!  
I use this pretty cream colored runner over the top to soften it up.


I love this tray.  I keep here to hold my magazines and usually a candle.  I've also put some chocolates in a small jar for a sweet treat.  I think it's a rather cozy vignette!



Thanks for stopping by for a visit!
Have a blessed day!

Linking this to:







2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that big trunk you're using as a coffee table!! I adore things like that, out of the ordinary. The tray with the hydrangea and the magazines looks really pretty and inviting! OK, I'll be there for coffee in a jiffy! Hugs. FABBY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!