Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Very Berry Cobbler


Just imagine for a minute...
Summer berries tossed in good ole white sugar and a dash of cinnamon.

Piled into a dish topped with buttery crust and washed with frothy egg. 

Showered in a veil of sugar.

Baked until the crust is golden and crisp, and the fruit is bubbly and oozing from it's pockets.

That dear Friends, is very berry cobbler, and it's a cinch to make.  

Even easier to EAT!!

That said...


Very Berry Cobber
Serves 6

1 pkg. of Frozen mixed berries + extra 1 c. Frozen strawberries, since I love strawberries (Yes, frozen. I said easy!)

1/2 c. granulated sugar

3 Tbsp. cornstarch

Dash of ground cinnamon

1 of your favorite pie crust (I had homemade pie dough in the freezer from months ago.  I use Pillsbury refrigerated usually.)

1 egg

2-3 tsp. granulated sugar

In a large bowl mix frozen berries, sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch together.  Pour into a buttered 8 or 9 inch pie pan.

Roll out your dough generously in flour, if using homemade.  Carefully place overtop.... Imperfect crust is beautifully rustic!

In a small bowl whisk together one egg and a splash of water.  Brush all over the crust.  (You will have leftover egg.) Sprinkle sugar all over to finish.
Bake at 375 degrees F for about 45-50 minutes or until crust is very golden.  Allow to cool for about 20 minutes before digging in this rustic cobbler.  Enjoy a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!





5 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! I love cobblers for summer. I made a lot of them growing up.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is not only gorgeous, it sounds delicious. I need to try this one.
    Thanks so much for the visit and your gracious comments, I enjoyed having you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!