Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Late Night Snack



My two blessings are fast asleep with their little kikis (blankets) in their snuggy beds. 

It's a peaceful night to catch up on a book I sat down months ago.  

I just pulled out a piping hot loaf of cinnamon banana-blueberry bread out of the oven.  The house is dark with only lamplight, but the aroma beckoned me to take a picture and share with you this small moment of sensory bliss!  I baked it for in the morning so we'll have an easy and delicious breakfast before church.  Our children LOVE blueberries, so I know this will be a treat.  Anyways, it looks and smells too good to pass up a warm slice with some cold milk right now!

I've never posted from my cell phone before like I am now, but I just wanted to share with you a piece of my night since I can't share the bread.  :)


Not sure how well you can see this picture with the glare, but it's a very dear one to me.  It was taken the day I met my daughter and son.  The first day they came home with us she fell asleep in my arms.  There are no words of the love my heart felt...


This picture--as Mom has said--is like my "just born" picture with my daughter laying on my chest.  

My babies have arrived.... God sent them to us, no doubt!!  Life is crazy and unorganized but so sweet and fun with our family.  Normal is new and now I wouldn't want it any other way!  

The recipe for this bread is in my archive.  I only changed it by adding about 1 tsp. cinnamon and sprinkled oats over the top.  :)

Sweet dreams my dear friends!  

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet photo and I'm so thankful your prayers have been answered with such precious gifts from God. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kris!
    Donnie, that's very sweet of you to say, for they truly have been answered! Have a blessed Sunday yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, love the photo of you and your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful photo - I am so thankful and excited for you!! My mom reads your blog often because she would see you commenting on mine and has always thought we had so much in common after reading your posts. The other day we were at lunch and she mentioned she saw your news and was so happy for you!! So you have people you have never met rejoicing with you! P.S. The bread looks yummy too! Nothing quite like a quick bread fresh out of the oven....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just looked at your other blog and realized you have TWO new little ones. What a great little family. I am so happy for you! They are adorable!! What a beautiful family you make. Congrats! Joni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!