Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cozy Chocolate Chippy Pumpkin Bread


I'm glad to be off work today, for I woke up to rumbles of thunder and a nice rain shower.  The bedroom was very chilly, indicating that the temperature had dropped last night!  It was one of those mornings that would've been difficult to pop out of bed.  So, over to the coffee I went and I decided to make some delicious pumpkin bread to warm me up!  Here's a few quick pics of my cozy little kitchen today...






These blustery, chilly autumn mornings seem to cry out for some heartwarming pumpkin bread to get you going!  This is a wonderful recipe that always seem to turn out perfect!  I like making them into the mini loaves so that I can share with friends or freeze a couple for later when I want a quick, homemade breakfast or snack.  (They freeze beautifully, really!)

I hope you enjoy all that this beautiful season has to offer, in the kitchen and outside with hayrides, bonfires, and raking leaves!  We'll all miss the beauty of fall in a few months when the grass has dried and the trees are bare.  (Then, we will have snow to look forward to--Hooray!)  

Happy Fall Ya'll!!!



Chocolate Chippy Pumpkin Bread

3 c. all-purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

2 tsp. cinnamon

4 eggs

2 c. sugar

15 oz. can pumpkin

1 c. oil

1/4 c. applesauce, no sugar added

1 c. chocolate chips

1/2c. butterscotch chips


Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl; set aside.



Beat together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil, and applesauce in a large mixing bowl; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  




Fold in chocolate and butterscotch chips.



Pour into 2-8x4 in. loaf pans, or 5 mini loaf pans.


Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes for large pans or 40-50 min. for mini pans.
Test with toothpicks to ensure they are done.

Cool for 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling.  


These would be delicious with a simple glaze or also delicious without! :)



{You all may have seen a new, beautiful addition to my kitchen!  I am so excited to share with ya'll about getting my "dream" kitchen appliance...but I'll leave that for the next blog.  It's a story you will not want to miss out on.  God is so good!!!}

Linking up with:




Photobucket

It's a Keeper

 

6 comments:

  1. i'll be trying this recipe soon. it looks just delicious. yummy. can't wait to hear what your "new addition" to the kitchen would be? (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to create a cozy little kitchen again! And I shall make this for my grandchildren.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been using the same cookbook! Your kitchen is definitely cozy, and the bread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems everyone is making this bread. I am going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Beth!

    Brenda, I know that you're anxiously awaiting along with all of us! It will be a gem of a kitchen, I'm sure!

    Coffee Mom, so glad you've come to visit!! Yes, it looks like we're both Gooseberry Patch fans! How funny is that we have the very same cookbook in our post today? :)

    ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I just made muffins from a similar recipe.

    And, I had to laugh when I saw your previous recipe was apple pie~I just made one and will be posting it next week. I guess it's the time of year for all things pumpkin and apple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!