Friday, March 26, 2010

Leslie's Ultimate Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate. Chip. Cookies.

   Have I got your attention now?  Everyone's favorite cookies are the ones filled with morsels of rich chocolate chip heaven.  Warm and fresh from the oven, a very buttery and sweet brown sugary taste with the warm vanilla undertones and the soft, chewy center......wow!!!  I must warn you though, this batter is just as good as the cookie.  So for all you naughty batter eaters, you will not make it to the oven at all!
I have tried many chocolate chip cookie recipes, for these are my ultimate favorite cookie, and this recipe is the best!  I love, love, love all of the brown sugar that makes these cookies so sweet and chewy.  It also gives them the perfect golden brown color when baked.  I love to use Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips in mine.  They are larger and the milk chocolate melts beautifully!  Sometimes I will combine milk and semi-sweet chocolate chip, too. You may want to try spooning these out in a couple of different sizes, although usually I make them about 1 1/2 Tbsp.
  I am so excited to share this treasured recipe with you all. -- my mouth is watering as I type. I hope they turn out as absolutely delicious for you and your family!  Just remember to not ever get discouraged if a batch isn't as perfect as you'd like, because that's just a wonderful excuse to try again later.  I mess up on things all the time, but always take it as a challenge to come back to the recipe.  After all, the look of food isn't the most important thing, as long as it tastes good -- that's really all that matters!
Enjoy this heartwarming recipe with your loved ones and they will be sure to come back for more visits and cookies!


1c. butter (2sticks)
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 bag of chocolate chips, or chunks (or both!)

Mix (on medium speed) butter and brown sugar, well. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.

Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together.  Carefully mix in  flour mixture in the butter mixture until well incorporated.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.

Drop dough in about 1 1/2 Tbsp. (or your preference of cookie size) on sheet pan 2 inches apart.
400 degrees for about 6-8 minutes, or until golden.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty much anything that starts off with 2 sticks of butter has to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made these and they're delicious! My new fav choc chip cookie recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!