Thursday, January 20, 2022

Resting and Fulfillment


By the incandescent glow of candlelight wafting a sweet plum fragrance and the small light atop my book, I am thoroughly enjoying my new book, Help, I’m Drowning—Weathering the Storms of Life with Grace and Hope by one of my favorite author’s and podcasters, Sally Clarkson. 

What a treat this is for me! Sitting on a soft, cushy sofa across from my husband at the end of another long day. It feels like I’ve crossed a finish line when I get to this point! The coffee topped with a blanket of foam from the new milk frother/steamer along with the book is icing on the cake. Just to put up my feet feels like Heaven touching earth, if for just an hour! What you don’t see are all the strewn toys around because I was too tired to rally the troops for clean up before bedtime tonight.

This book was a really sweet Christmas gift from my sister, Faith. One that I’ve really wanted since it came out in September.  I won’t dwell on it here but last year was one of the most challenging years I’ve faced. As I trusted and knew that He would, the Lord in His faithfulness, picked me out from the miry pit of the last couple of years and set me on a rock!! Praise to Him! (Psalm 40:1-2)

It’s so interesting because though these days haven’t been instantly easy, I feel as though when He picked me out from the pit He sat me right on His lap! I’ve experienced real intimacy with Him the last 6 weeks or so that has been wonderful and refreshing. He has been so very precious and loving as a Father to remind me how much He loves me! That He remembers our family and has shown us in unique ways that I will get into more as the year unfolds. 

My time spent with Him hasn’t changed. I’ve always woken up early and given Him first fruits. I am not perfect at this and I never ever want to paint myself like that at all, but I love spending time with Jesus every morning in prayer and His Word. I need Him truly, and my need for Him became a desire for Him that became a fire for Him!

I’ve learned in life that sometimes the seemingly insurmountable change or breakthrough that you’re praying for, takes place not after something remarkable except for the faithfulness of walking with Jesus day in and day out no matter how good or bad the days get.  

Faithfulness. That’s a quality way underrated these days and yet worth more than gold!

Remaining faithful and trusting His perfect timing. Sometimes doubt and fear creeps trying to convince me that whatever I’m struggling through will last forever, but that’s where time in His Presence renews my mind and He gives me joy that becomes my strength!! So over time I have always seen the faithfulness of God to fulfill His promises in my life! Always.

After a long but good day, it’s so fulfilling to know you are tired from whatever you are called to do— for me it’s mothering and homemaking. What a blessed calling to raise my kids, help with the projects, pick up groceries, sing songs, cook homemade meals and organize and clean the house day in and out. It’s exhausting and wonderful beyond words for my soul. My husband must feel the same with after a long day at work when we come back together an relax in the evenings before bed.

I hope you find yourself in a place to kick your feet up, knowing that Jesus remembers you and He loves you, therefore we can deeply enjoy the life we have!

Sweet dream, my Friends! 

1 comment:

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!