Oh Happy Day-- we're talkin' cookies!
Last time we talked I mentioned that I had just made a new chocolate chip cookie batter, but I hadn't baked off any of the cookies yet. This new cookie recipe is for Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Cookies! The recipe actually comes right off the bag of their bittersweet chocolate chips, which are the ones I used. Any chip would be delicious if dark chocolate isn't your thing. With classic chocolate chip cookies (how many times in can I type out those 3 yummy words in this post?) being my all-time favorite cookie, I was excited to try out a new recipe for them! I do have our favorite double chocolate sea salt chocolate chip cookie recipe the blog, but why not try a new one for fun every so often??
The verdict is that these cookies are deliciously buttery, thin, and chewy, and they are tasty, but we don't think they're "The Ultimate" by our tastes. Anyone who prefers a thin chocolate chip cookie will probably love these, though! They really spread out in the pan when baked, even after the dough was refrigerated for 24 hours. The second time my husband was the one to bake a few, and he made them smaller in size. They turned out better! I think they baked more evenly so I'll make these smaller next time instead of the oversized ones I usually make. I've got to say that we both agreed they have a delicious flavor, and the cookie dough tastes amazing.... it's perhaps some of the best cookie dough I've had!
This recipe is definitely good enough to share and would be perfect to take a batch to your next potluck, so I hope you'll give them a go! Thin, buttery cookies are incredible dunked in a tall, frosted glass of milk... Just sayin! Let me know what you think. Happy Baking!! :)
Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields about 4 dozen cookies
2 1/4 c. unsifted flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) real butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
10 oz. Ghiradelli chocolate chips, I used almost 1 cup more than this!
1 c. pecans or walnuts, optional I opted out this time
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir flour with baking soda, salt and set side.
- Beat butter with both sugars at medium speed until creamy; turn mixer to low and add vanilla and eggs one at a time. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually blend the dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
- Drop by tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheet, or plain ungreased sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or till golden. I like to check at 9 minutes, but we like ours on the very chewy side.
- Important: Enjoy every bite!