Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Moist Blueberry Banana Muffins

am a lover of berries, and this is blueberry season so I've been enjoying them in my cereal and oatmeal for breakfast.  Although my favorite way to eat them is probably in freshly baked muffins! 

These blueberry banana muffins have everything I love!  They're moist with plenty of sweet bananas and blueberries throughout each muffin, some whole wheat flour which adds nuttiness and a pinch of cinnamon that I add to almost everything I bake!  Cinnamon just adds that "something-something"!

My kids love these muffins and ask for more.  Enjoy these warmer spring mornings with a delicious treat from your own kitchen!  Try moist blueberry banana muffins out for yourself!  

 
Moist Blueberry Banana Muffins
Original recipe at: What Megan's Making
Makes 1 dozen muffins

3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 c. butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 c. flour **I used 1 c. wheat and 1/2 c. All-purpose
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tap. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. Fresh blueberries rinsed or frozen 

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Grease or use baking spray to grease one muffin pan.

In a large bowl, add mashed bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter.  Mix together very well so everything combines.

In another bowl, add flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and cinnamon and stir until blended.  Gently fold the dry mixture into wet, but just until blended and no more!  Fold in the blueberries.

Spoon evenly in the muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.  Allow to cool for a few minutes before taking out and eating with  a cup of coffee or cold milk!

** For the wheat flour, I used King Arthur Flour in unbleached white-whole wheat flour.  It's great for baking!




8 comments:

  1. Perfect for brunch! These look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! I hope you can make them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned this to make for breakfast this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Michelle!! Enjoy them with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blueberry muffins! Adding bananas is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yum! I can't wait to try these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound wonderful! And they look delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful blog! I've been looking for more cooking blogs to add to my blogroll. Just added yours! Can't wait to read more. :)
    Cooking Up Faith
    www.cookingupfaith.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!