Friday, January 3, 2014

Delicious Pepper Jack Corn Muffins


As a Southern country girl, I grew up on cornbread.  Fried golden and crisp is some of the best food there is, or baked up moist and tender is so delicious, too!  Cornbread is a staple in my family, since it goes so well with many delicious foods.  Stews, soup, chili and BBQ are even better with a side of homemade cornbread, especially in the cold winter months!  When I got a the new Gooseberry Patch cookbook Hometown Christmas as a gift, I was excited to try out this new recipe for cornbread muffins.

These cheesy cornbread muffins are the best cornbread muffins I've ever had!!!

They are super tender and very flavorful!  Sour cream makes them moist, creamed corn makes them sweet, and the cheese gives them delicious flavor!  I love using yellow cornmeal the best, because it adds a great texture, too.  Last night I made a batch of these beauties for supper, and everyone raved! When I say they're some of the best--as much cornbread as I've eaten in my lifetime-- you can trust that you'll also love this recipe with your next comforting meal!


Pepper Jack Corn Muffins
Gooseberry's Hometown Christmas

1 1/2 c. Yellow cornmeal
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
3/4 c. Sour cream
1/4 c. Canola oil
1 14 oz. Can creamed corn
3/4 c. Pepper jack (I had cheddar and used that) shredded
Paprika

Spray muffin cups with baking spray and preheat oven to 400.  In a large bowl, combine cornmeal and next two ingredients and set aside.  In a smaller bowl, whisk eggs with sour cream and next 3 ingredients.  Stir until just moistened.  Spoon evenly into muffin cups and sprinkle with paprika or cayenne, if you like heat.
Bake for 23-25 until golden.  Serve warm.  Makes 12.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm!!! These look so so yummy!!! They would be so good with a huge pot of Pinto's!!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these with pepperjack cheese. They were very good, Leslie! Thanks for another great recipe.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!