Thursday, July 8, 2021

Easy & Delicious Grilled Corn on the Cob



Beautiful, golden grilled corn on the cob is the epitome of summertime food for me! What a perfectly easy side dish for any grilled meat. I paired this grilled corn with grilled chicken, roasted squash and peppers, and a salad. I was happy to remember the cowboy beans my mom sent home with us after out 4th of July celebration so that was delicious with it all! 




By the way, if you’re in the states, how was your 4th of July holiday?? I hope it was as good as ours was! 

We had the most mild temperatures, the prettiest skies in the world plus low humidity which made for a perfect weekend filled with celebrating, cooking and eating! It started with our favorite Freedom Fest parade (which we sorely missed after it was canceled in 2020). 

There’s nothing more Americana that a small town parade with floats, a pageant Queen, antique cars, shined up antique tractors and of course, horses. The American flags were waved, Veterans were honored, and popsicles and fans were passed out and gladly accepted!



Our annual big family “picnic on the grounds” at my parents house in the country is the highlight for me! My extended family came totaling almost 40 people, which made it wonderful!!! (We are taking back all the time lost last year..)  The food here was some of the best to eat. My family knows how to cook!





 

We ended the evening with a spectacular fireworks show. The weekend ended with me having a very thankful heart to God for my family and my church family and of course for the freedoms me have in our nation. I can honestly say whole weekend was busy but a very blessed one!!

Back to the grilled corn.. I’m sharing this with you because it’s not only fresh and seasonal but it’s very easy and simple! You can grill corn a number of ways, but this is easy as it requires no presoaking and when you unwrap it it’s basically done! The herbs add a little something extra, and I like to sprinkle those on just before serving. This requires just a few ingredients but you’re welcome of course to add whatever spice you would desire. If you love spicy, add Cajun seasoning instead of just salt. Have fun with it! 



 

Grilled Corn on the Cob

Fresh corn on the cob

Real butter

Salt 

Herbs, chopped (I used flat leaf Parsley and Basil)

Foil


Tear enough foil pieces to wrap each corn on the cob and you’ll use about 1 Tbsp. butter for each large corn on the cob. So this time I shucked 6, and I used approx. 6 Tbsp. Butter—probably just a bit less. As you know if you have followed me for a while, I eye ball this sort of thing!

Take your corn and lay it on the foil. Cut a pat of butter in half, place on the corn, and sprinkle with salt. Be fairly generous here unless you’re using salted butter. Wrap the foil around the corn on the cob really well and repeat with the remaining corn and ingredients.

I grilled the corn on med-high heat after allowing the grill to heat on high. I grilled it for about 20 minutes, turning a third of the way, a couple of times. Keep it in it’s foil packets until the very end of grilling. Don’t worry, you’ll still get some beautiful char even with the foil on. The butter and salt with distribute around the corn while it  gets nice and tender on the grill in the foil.

Take off the grill, unwrap the corn and place on a serving dish. Add some additional salt and sprinkle the chopped herbs over it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!