Thursday, October 27, 2011

Warm and Gooey Toasted Marshmallow S'more Bars


 Have you noticed that some of the messiest desserts are the most delicious ones?  Well, this dessert certainly fits the bill!  I'm in love with these ooey, gooey s'more bars!  If you like the classic campfire s'mores than you'll love these toasted marshmallow topped bars that are incredibly easy to make.  They only require 5 ingredients!   


These bars will go fast at any gathering--I've made them for movie nights with friends--but I find they're especially perfect this time of year!   Graham cracker-cookie crust is a nice base for the melting milk chocolate and finished with the marshmallows that will stretch and pull as you cut yourself a slice.  

These sure are a *love* recipe out of my kitchen, so I hope you all like them, too!!!
(Going to my parents for a campfire this weekend. Yay!)

Blessings,
Leslie :)



Toasted Marshmallow S'more Bars

1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5) Sugar Cookie mix

1 c. graham cracker crumbs
(I usually crush my own.)

1 c. butter, melted

3 c. milk chocolate chips
(I didn't have milk choc. chips, so instead used broken Hershey bar and semi-sweet morsels.)

4 1/2 c. mini marshmallows


1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.  In a large bowl, mix cookie mix and cracker crumbs . Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms.  


In ungreased 13x9 in pan, press dough evenly.  Bake 18-20 minutes until set.


Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.  Let stand 3-5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt.  Spread evenly over crust.


YUM!

Set oven control to broil.  Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate.  


Broil with top 4-5 inches from heat for about 30 seconds or til marshmallows are toasted.  (Watch closely, for they will brown quickly!)

Cool for 10 minutes, and eat while still warm.  Store tightly covered.


Enjoy every gooey bite!


I'm linking up with:












5 comments:

  1. looks yummy. i love smores. i'm definitely going to try this recipe. have a good weekend. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything s'mores and those look amazing!!! I will have to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could go for a GIANT hunk of that right about now...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just looks toooo gooood!!!!
    Happy November.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks friends for leaving such wonderful comments! I was pretty excited to share this easy recipe with ya'll, I must say!!! They are yummy!
    ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sweetening my day with your cozy comments!