Thursday, September 13, 2012

Faith is Getting Married! Memories, A Shower, & A Recipe

Makenzie Lynn Photography

My sister is getting married!
 This brings on mixed emotions, because I still remember her as just a precious, chubby baby!  I was "the little mommy" being 9 years older.
 
 
We've shared in so many unbelievably fun memories, like this pictures of us on our "Girl's Vacation" to the beach for Faith's graduation a couple summers ago! 
 
 
What a blast we had with Mom in Florida! 
 
 
Now that we're both adults we've become close friends, and that's what I've always hoped would happen!
 
 
We love our sister time together, and "Girl-time" with Mom!
 

We've had the best summer planning, throwing her showers, finding the dress, getting their new place ready, having girl nights.....so many exciting things!
 
 
Soon, I can visit her in her own home and have hot tea at her place!
 
(It seems as though my hair color changes frequently, while Faith's stays a beautiful, healthy blond....if you didn't notice already!)
 
 I'm thrilled for her!  She's marrying a wonderful, Christian man who loves her so deeply--it's evident! They make the sweetest couple, not to mention good looking. They both have million dollar smiles!  If her marriage is half as happy as mine is, she'll love being a wife. :)
 
 Makenzie Lynn Photography
 
This past weekend I, along with Mom, threw her a shower at my parents house!  It was her personal shower that all the cousins and aunts were invited to.  I had so much fun baking treats and putting my heart in every confection I made.  It is the one and only time I would be giving her a personal shower, so I wanted it to be very special!
(I apologize in advance for the poor quality of some of these pictures. Believe me, it was a magical night....)
 
The beautiful table was set and ready for everyone to arrive.
 Delicate, pale pink roses were the centerpiece and if there was any sort of theme it would be Delicious and Strawberries & Chocolate!!!
 
Mom put out her lovely silver flatware--only the best for Faith!  Candles were lit everywhere and the glow was elegant and enchanting!
 
 
Mom's chocolate covered strawberries!
 
 
Mom's family-favorite, chocolate peanut butter balls sprinkled with chopped pecans!
 
 
My best-loved shortbread cookies dusted with cinnamon-sugar since Faith loves snicker doodles!
 
 
My chocolate chip cookie dough truffles topped with mini chocolate chips and hearts!
 
 
My chocolate-fudge cupcakes with strawberry-butter cream frosting and chocolate ganache!
 
 
I topped some of them with fresh raspberries and mini chocolate chips.
 
 
Other ones I topped with strawberry frosted, mini-heart, shortbread cookies and beautiful pink pearls.  They looked so sweet!
 
 
They were almost too precious to eat.
 
 
 We seemed to manage it, though.
(hehe!)
 
 
My yummy ham and Swiss poppy seed sliders! Can you say, butter?!!
 
 
Mom's fresh vegetable platter with some of the best dip I've put in my mouth!!  It's a friend of the family's recipe. This dip is cool and creamy with a little kick, and it tastes excellent with salty potato chips.  I really wish I had an upclose picture of the dip, but I am posting the recipe for it at the bottom!
 
 
 I wish I would've taken more pictures.  Mom had the house looking beautiful!  I guess with every one about to arrive, I was good to quickly take these! 
 
What you don't see in the pictures is also a delicious coffee bar of tiramisu coffee.  Mom and I set things out for everyone to be able to make their own gourmet coffee with whipped cream, cinnamon, mini chocolate chips, and peppermints!  We thought that would be a special treat, especially since it was a cool, rainy night. :)
 
 
Also in the kitchen, I had some homemade strawberry lime aide in the punch bowl.  Sooo good! 
 
Put frozen sweetened strawberries in the blender with frozen limeade concentrate, a little frozen orange juice concentrate, and a little water.  I froze that and when ready to serve, add lemon-lime soda and gently stir.  Oh, my!!
 
 
 We had a wonderful time!  Mom had the cutest autumn-decor gifts for everyone who came to the party.  She was so thoughtful!  We all showered Faith with gifts and Godly marriage advice.  We also prayed a blessing over their marriage!  We laughed and laughed and shared and ate and it couldn't have been a more beautiful night!!!   
 
Barb's Delicious Creamy Vegetable Dip
 2 blocks of cream cheese
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
2 green bell pepper, finely diced
2 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
sea salt & pepper
 
Put the cream cheese and Rotel tomatoes in a blender and blend until pretty smooth and creamy.  Dump mixture into a bowl and add the peppers and tomatoes.  We added a bit of garlic salt, too.  Add generous salt and pepper ( to taste).  Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hrs. before serving.  This is a wonderful dip with veggies or chips and even better the next day!!!
 
 
 Linking up with friends at:
 
 


7 comments:

krishna said...

you put up everything very nicely. it is great time.
really incredible!!!

http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/

Kris said...

What a beautiful shower! You and your Mom and sister look like you could all be sisters!!! Such pretty ladies!
Thanks for the recipe! Yum!!!
XO Kris

Coffee Mom said...

What a pair of beautiful sisters and girl, you throw a party how I like one - plenty of desserts!! The dip sounds fabulous too!!

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Oh my goodness what a feast! That clearly was a beautifully memorable night for your sister. What a great sister-friend you are, Leslie! Was so fun popping in and seeing all your elegant ideas. :-)

Jeriel said...

Looks so beautiful! What a great theme:) Congrats to your sister:) This is such a special time for her (and your family).

Lynn said...

There is nothing like a sister, the table was simply beauitful. Congrats to the happy couple. Hugs, Lynn

Sherry said...

Congrats to your sister! What a beautiful couple.
Sherry